Follow Trillium Dell Timberworks on Facebook Check Out Trillium Dell's YouTube Channel Trillium Flower - Trillium Dell Timberworks

Window Restoration

Brown & Evans Building - Bloomington, Illinois

Bloomington, Illinois Window Restoration

These gorgeous pine windows are an integral part of the aesthetic of this historic downtown structure. Trillium Dell's carpenters saved as many original units as possible. In the end, we replaced 60% of the sash, restored the other 40%- replaced 10% of the jambs, restored the remaining- and restored 20% of the sills. Each window unit was treated with a fresh coat of exterior paint. All glass in the top 5 stories was replaced with ¼” safety glass.

Automatic Lofts Building - Chicago, Illinois

Chicago, Illinois Window Restoration

This fun project allowed us to utilize reclaimed wood in all of the jambs. Trillium Dell replicated 13 storefront units, two historic storefront doors, and fabricated new trim to match the original. We also supplied & installed cast iron detailing around the doors & windows.

Illinois College Beecher Hall Roof & Soffit Restoration - Jacksonville, Illinois

Illinois College Beecher Hall Window Restoration

Beecher Hall is the oldest college building in Illinois. TDTW first consulted with Illinois College on the timber framed roof system and original built-in gutters that were part of this brick building. We later served as general contractors to restore the roof and soffits. Trillium Dell employed OSHA-approved methods of working with existing lead-based paint while the building remained in use. 

Pulaski County Courthouse - Mound City, Illinois

Pulaski County IL Courthouse Window Restoration

TDTW restored many of the original windows on the Pulaski County Courthouse in Mound City, a city rich in Civil War history. Original species and joinery were matched, and new sashes were replicated where deterioration precluded restoration. All sash cords were replaced with bronze sash cords, rendering both upper and lower sashes operational. Additionally, concealed weather stripping was kerfed into the sashes, and storm windows approved by the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency were installed to achieve modern standards of thermal efficiency.

North American Hydro-Electric Plant - Marseilles, Illinois

North American Hydro-Electric Plant Window Restoration

This building is set off by enormous triple hung windows- that were in need of maintenance and repair. Trillium Dell was able to restore 60% of the existing sash, and manufactured new sash to match those that were not good candidates to restore. We also fixed all of the sills, and installed ¼” tempered glass in every opening. All interior & exterior surfaces were primed & painted. Trillium Dell also custom built & restored several doors including a "one of a kind" 8’ x 16’ trolley door.

SEO Friendly Web Design by Online Innovative Creations